Hedge fund managers and mutual fund companies are eager to bring alternative strategies into the mutual fund space.
Is this trend really in the best interests of managers and investors? Which strategies are the best candidates for making the jump? What pitfalls lurk along the way?
In a new Executive Insight from Pershing Prime Services, renowned hedge fund manager, author and Columbia professor Joel Greenblatt shares lessons he learned as an alternative mutual fund pioneer.
What We Learned on the Road to Launching an Alternative Mutual Fund offers candid perspectives on issues critical to success, including:
• The pricing dilemma—balancing the interests of retail and institutional investors
• Leveraging your existing reporting infrastructure
• Coping with higher liquidity requirements
• Dealing with restraints on leverage
• The true test of success: Delivering real value